Throughout Mr. Urillo’s career, he successfully re-engineered operations and procedures, developing effective performance objectives and implementing new strategies that lead to successful results. His transparent leadership style promotes organizational alignment and customer-focused teams. He is also an experienced strategic sales leader capable of increasing market share, advertising and commercial printing revenues and building successful customer-centric relationships.
Mr. Urillo is highly regarded by industry professionals as a thought leader and innovation specialist. His keen ability to develop clear and sustainable financial plans and secure new revenue sources differentiates him from others and enables him to deliver phenomenal results, sustainable business growth and aggressive launches of industry-leading products, services and technologies.
Bob holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Production Management from the Rochester Institute of Technology. He is also very active in community based initiatives and has served on many advisory boards and local economic development leadership teams.
- Strategic Planning
- Process Innovation
- Project / Change Management
- Global Partnership Development
- Best Value Creation (Cost Reduction)
- Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Vendor Relations
- Management Style and Leadership
- How People Lead, Manage, and Work
- Manufacturing Efficiencies
- Leadership Development
- Executive Coaching
- Human Capital and Strategy Development
- Labor Relations
- Performance Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Load & Demand Management
- Material Handling Management
- Process Innovation
- Inventory Management
- Project Management
- Integrated Supply Chain Management
- Brand Management
- Business Cycle Analysis
- COGS Analysis
- Commercial Print Design & Strategy
- Compliance Management
- Consumer Marketing Analysis
- CRM Development
- Customer Order Fulfillment
- Customer Profiling & Segmentation
- Diversity Supplier Development
- Financial Modeling
- Fleet Management
- Global Logistics
- KPI Evaluation
- Packaging Design & Execution
- Press Operations & Engineering
- Quality Assurance Implementation
- Route Optimization
- Sales Prospect Development
- Stakeholder Analysis
Positions | Titles
Some of the prestigious positions Mr. Urillo has had are as follows:
- Vice President, Operations, New York Times
- Director, Production Technologies, New York Times
- President, The Step Saver, Incorporated
- Vice President Sales & Marketing, The Step Saver, Incorporated
- Regional Sales Manager, Goss Graphic Systems
Major Accomplishments | Global Organizations
Mr. Urillo has accomplished many things for organizations. Over Mr. Urillo’s entire tenure he was responsible for more than $ 300,000,000 in savings from both procurement and operational efficiencies. He has also been able to increase sales by over 40% for the companies he represented.
Some of Mr. Urillo’s many specific accomplishments include:
The New York Times
- Implemented new commercial printing sales organization including commission plans and strategies that increase sales by over 35% in 2 years.
- Negotiated all capital projects, contracts, equipment, consumables and printing contracts for all consolidations.
- Consolidated production facilities both within the group and with external business partners that resulted in $2.9M in savings and $3.5M in revenue.
- Developed strategic partnership with Dow Jones – The Wall Street Journal that led to $2.5M in revenue.
- Restructured the production and supply chain operations resulting in an 8% reduction of overall expenses.
- Implemented effective approaches that maintained quality levels and improved productivity throughout the organization.
- Successfully passed all internal and external SOX, ABC and PCI audits and all facilities met internal insurance audits and regulations.
- Implemented continuous improvement programs throughout the production organization.
- Analyzed, negotiated and contracted fully leveraged, complex multi-year agreements that resulted in $30M in savings.
- Implemented testing of new technology to help enhance, streamline and standardize the production processes as well as the equipment and reporting across the company.
- Played lead role in designing the Production Optimization Council, created to determine key vendor reduction strategies and implementation plans across business units, resulting in a 25% reduction in consumable vendors.
The Step Saver, Incorporated
- Negotiated sale of company for former owners and managed the post-sale transition process as well as the responsibility for all budget preparation and management.
- Expanded circulation of publication and launched new editions while also redesigning the entire publication using market research, customer and reader feedback and employee ideas resulting in $90K in revenues.
- Improved the profitability of the company by controlling expenses with the implementation of a budget system – this improved accountability and allowed for more detailed and timely fiscal reporting.
- Increased commercial printing revenues by 15%.
Awards | Certifications | Development
Mr. Urillo has many certifications, awards, and continued development. Some of these are:
- Center for Creative Leadership - The Looking Glass Experience (2003)
- Harvard University - The Program on Negotiation for Senior Executives (2002)
- Franklin Covey Management Institute - Time Management (2001)
- University of Southern California - Times Mirror Executive Leadership Institute (1997)